Name: Alex Perkins
About you (developing your persona)
1) How would you describe your decision-making? EG: What do you do when you make a major purchase (plan/impulse)?
I take into account future use of the product how it would effect my future and what the important people in my life would,
2) Describe your lifestyle: home/family/interests (these can be fictional if you prefer)
I am a pretty easy going guy, I try to work hard and I always make time for those who matter to me. I have a deep affection for basketball, most sports really. Reading, music, movies, all those usual things
3) What are your ambitions/aspirations? What motivates you the most: family/community/career?
I want to be a doctor one day and endocrinologist or a neurologist and want a family. I have no idealised figure for how many. One will be called Jedidiah though
Your current communication forms
1) What dorm of communication do you prefer to have: verbal/written/visual/audio?
a) Why does that form appeal to you or feel natural?
I like to use visual. I assume this includes the audio aspect of it because you can better feel for how a person is feeling or reacting to what you say as text is so easily misinterpreted.
2) What feels like a good conversation to you: long and ongoing/deep/short and concise?
Whatever the goal of the conversation was is achieved. If you call someone to catch up and do or if you call to organise something and you do no matter how long or deep is a good conversation
3) How has your conversation/communication changed since the introduction of email/chat/text/twitter/social media?
a) What has been lost? What has been gained?
I definitely talk to people face to face less which is disappointing but facebook/texting can quite often make you feel like you are involved in someone’s life without any interaction at all. Ease has been gained but personal contact lost.
4) Imaged the idea future of communication – what does it look like? EG: What proportion of each mode (verbal/written/visual/audio) would be best?
Its a combination between visual and audio where something is implanted in your eye and when you want to make a call you think calling that person and then you can see them in your eye and they can see you, Then this device turns your thought into audio and transmits it to your conversation partner.
a) How can these modes relate to each other? How do they link and support each other?
I see no reason why this can’t work with all other forms of communication.