August 8, 2012 in 2. Integrated Media 2
What is VIMEO?
Vimeo is video sharing resource that gives internet users another place to search for and post their videos. Anyone can browse the videos added to Vimeo. The website encourages creative contributions and gives users an easy way to share their work with others. Individuals can also use Vimeo to share personal videos with family and friends.
- Each video is presented with recommended videos, a summary, the author’s name, how long ago it was added and sharing tools.
- Users can also “like” a video, embed videos in other websites and blogs and save videos for viewing later.
- A couch mode button is also included on each video page which causes the video to enlarge and take up almost all of the browser (so it looks more like a television show than an internet video).
- A chart with video-related statistics is also visible and shows how many times the video was played, liked and commented on during the past few days (along with totals for each count).
- Collecting my previous projects/developing profile as a professional – such as “Death at the Dining Table” short film/ “Our Daughters For Sale” documentary.
- Family & Friends
- General Public who are interested in short feature films/documentary
- Media industry/employees.
- Competition Judges
- Cast & Crew
HOW DO I GAIN PARTICIPATORY FROM THE AUDIENCE?
- Competition (Make My Series)
- Once or twice in a week post a short reminder notice about the competition and link to the movie in vimeo– updating the number of LIKES achieved on each week, with hash tagging make my series and short film…etc.
Following & Directly tweeting to short film promotional community such as “Hollywood Shorts” where they can retweet about our film on their wall and spread the words to larger audiences who has the specific interests in “Film”. (Popularity of community = the number of Followers. E.g. +1000 followers).
- Created “Death at the Dining Table” Page – Regularly posting links to the movie in Vimeo.
- Sending personal msg to friends/family.
LIKE & Use Short Film promotional Facebook pages to post the links to movie in Vimeo and spread words to the wider audience who has specific interest in “Film”. (popularity of page = Page LIKES, e.g. +2000 LIKES).
- Developing my media profiles as a professional (Director/Producer) – Showreel for the employers out in the world.
- Winning the competition – therefore developing short feature film into a web-series.
- A small online cinema where I can Invite friends/families to show my work.