Holy potato. I’m even running out of good curse words, thats how tired my brain is.
I thought I had heaps of time a week ago, but then that week disappeared.. And now it’s just a week left until Korsakow is due!
So it is due in a week, and
I don’t want to do this anymore I’m up for the challenge! Let’s sum up our project a bit.
It isn’t going so fast, at least not on my part of the project. I’ve been assigned with handling the korsakow file, which ended up including adding all the videos, making the thumbnails (I’ll come back with a rant about this a bit later), and snuing the whole shebang. We have decided to do the keywords on wednesday together, so we all get a say in how it is going to look in the end.
Tangent: I WISH PEOPLE WHO CAN’T PLAY AN INSTRUMENT COULD PRACTICE IN A BASEMENT WITH SOUNDPROOF WALLS, CAUSE I’LL END UP IN JAIL IF THEY DON’T STOP STRUMMING THAT GUITAR WITH WHAT SOUNDS LIKE A DYING CAT.
Anyways. Thumbnails. Let me start of with introducing our interface.
Thats the design we have decided on. Our concept is The city is light, and we have been filming different parts of the city to show to show a variance in light (day/night, inside/outside). Since we’re having videos as thumbnails, we have decided to keep the thumbnails in black and white, so people will have to actually click into that specific video to see it in colour. The fact that we’ve cropped them also limits the view; it might make people curious to see what the whole video looks like.
Making these thumbnails turned out to be a pain in the ass, and if we somehow end up changing our minds about the design, I’m quitting the project; it has taken forever. I’m actually working with as I’m writing these blogposts.
I got some information from Adrian that got me started, but it almost exhausted my poor blonde braincells to figure it out in the end. I tried to find it online, but the solution was nowhere to be found, so I figured I’d be the kind soul to put the info out there.
This is what you do:
1. Make your videos and store them in a folder (duuuh).
2. Open final cut pro, and search for Compressor in the help section. Go to Send to Compressor
3. The program is opened, and you’ll see this:
5. THEN comes the part I struggled with.. You have to add settings and a destination to the files. The easiest way to do this is to click on the + button in this window
Choose the folder you’ve already made for your thumbnails (yeah I know this should have been part of step one)
If you have more files in there and they are all selected, the destination will be added to all of them.
6. Now you have to set the destination for each individual file. Click inside the tab that has been created inside the file, and press Change Settings.
7. After you’ve added the settings to a clip, you get some fancy options in the Inspector box. Go to the Geometry option inside the Inspector, and there you’re able to crop the file into a desired size.
8. Then press Submit in the folder where all your files are.
It will then be moved here:
I’m still waiting on some videos from Scott, but hopefully we can start on the keywords soon.
Thats it for now, I’m going to
smash some faces with a guitar bed.