Posts Tagged ‘week 5’
We had a discussion about what our first K-film is as an assignment. At the end of it we would just look back and think on what the K-film could be, or what it could have been. It’s more of an emergent working model. Basically for us guys to just get in there and fondle with things. Seth mentions that it’s a tech hurdle kind of assignment. Everything that we made has to be included in the videos. We were told to develop our basis of peer and self-critique of the works.
Seth told us to email our submissions as well as upload it on the school servers.
Some things to keep in mind with regards to the K-Film Assignment -
- Don’t compress it twice. Talk about the process of making the korsakow video.
- Give a sort of interpretation of what has occurred; use 3 thumbnails, focus and patterns that I make. Get technically up to speed (Video has to work), how we use text for our K-Film.
- How is the K-Film successful?
- What is the most important part of the K-Film?
- Have location and date. The really important thing is what am I going to say about it. What patterns does it have? Work with the constraints of the video tasks. What does it say about my practice. And have a text track.
- Essay is appropriately worded (1k words). Quality of the essay, quality of the engagement.