My Korsakow link:
• How you have used text (what have you written?why?what idea or effect where you hoping to achieve?)
When I was thinking the subtitle of each video, the basic concept came out in my mind was be simple and easy understanding. I was writing few words in purpose to simply describe my videos. Because the meanings of some videos are a litter bit abstract, so I want to use the obvious explanation to express my idea to viewers. For example, the video of “outside”, I filmed a story that a man drinks a lot of wine at a night club and he need to use toilet immediately. However he cannot get in man’s room, he was keeping outside and suffering form being outside. For this video’s text I just wrote that keep outside the toilet, which is the main narrative of this video. I think on one hand the simple explanation is useful for the viewers understanding video as fast as they watch it; on the other hand, the short text I use are able to make the layout of my korsakow work clean and easy to follow, I want my korsakow film simple to watch.
• How have you conceived of the structure of your work?
Basically I was planning to put the videos in order by time which means put the media files week by week (week 1 to week 6). For those videos have no related meanings or not obvious, I link them by the related main character in the videos. For instance, the “yellow” video link to “red” and “blue” because these three videos are from same week and all about color. Link them to the other one which describes “me”, because the characters of yellow, red and me video all the same one – me.
• Do you think your work is successful? How?
I think my work is successful. According to the course guide, my work has 3 thumbnail panes, subtitles for all videos, it has been published online via RMIT student serve by using fetch, contains all videos (15 in total). Otherwise I changed background color to personalize it. And the videos are link to each others in a logical order.
• What is the most important thing you’ve learnt in doing this task?
1. Learned that how to put the video clips in a reasonable structure, and creative subtitle for videos. It makes me will think more than just one video which is I am shooting but also take the relation with other videos in future into account.
2. Recalling me about that how to put web online via RMIT student serve which I was using for networked media before.
3. Because the media files are all form my original work, so I have to keep up filming videos every week in different topics. This is encouraging me to think of how to make narration, practicing my recording skill, and also the editing skill. It is very important for me as I am doing film and TV course which is teaching me to product films.