At the beginning of the research project, i read related reading chapters which helped me a lot. As what the reading suggests that if it is a free research, i can do any topics that attracts me, that freedom can be frustrating, which indicates the more choices, the less time. Therefore，i have to give up all of ideas which wide of the mark, and also figure out a specific direction or a theme.
review and mediate good tips:
- Research is not mere information gather,it should originates with a question or a problem, and also try to figure out solutions.
- Research requires the clear articulatrion of a goal, a specific plan for procedding
- Creates a community of researchers, think big and make sure you can meet and network with readers.
- address the hole of our knowledge and take use of them to do widely and deeply researched.
- In order to avoid start over, looking first for what resources are easily avaliable before decide a topic.
- From a broad topic to a focused one by analyse, ask questions, pick up, claim, etc.
- Thinking your topic from different perspectives, probably based on social issues, history, its role in media industry, and clean up the connectins between each branches.
Determine the value of the topic, is it useful or helpful for our study? what would we gained from it?
Ps. Process Recording: I have decided my topic ( digital media literacy) last week, I’m in proccsing collection the materials, and group members will meet this Thursday to share and select nuritious information first.