Now comes the time where we must review our overall participation within the course of Networked Media. This involves tracking back to the participation criteria in which we set for ourselves in week 6.
Here are each criteria and a summary of how I have satisfied the particular area.
1. I will make at least 4 Blog entries per week, which range across all aspects of course exploration. (Reading, Writing, Creating, Collaboration, Research, Documentation etc.)
- This, I feel, is has been a strong point throughout my Networked Media experience. Not only have I posted over 4 entries per week, but I have also demonstrated a range in my post style, where I feel I have immersed myself in all the forms of posts that are highlighted in the criteria.
2. I will collaborate with my group when required and contribute work to a high standard. Weekly group meetings will occur to make sure all students are on the same page in terms of assignment direction.
- As group work has only just commenced for our group, I feel that I am collaborating quite well and contributing ideas creatively. Two meetings have been set this week for my group, which indicate a commitment to completing a quality project.
3. I will engage with all lectures, read and engage with the course readings.
- I feel I have sufficiently engages with the lectures despite missing one, due to being caught up in other areas. I have always either reflected upon the lecture in a blog post, or utilized ideas to further develop my own research and exploration, which may also be demonstrated throughout the blog and assignments.
4. I will engage with all tutorials, participate in class discussion and voice my thoughts, ideas and opinions.
- I would determine my participation in class to be good, as I have tried to contribute to the best on my ability in class discussion, voicing opinion and ideas and assisting other students.
5. I will practice and apply skills learned from within the course to areas outside of the course.
- The skills learned from within the course have enabled me to re-shape my online activity, as I have become more aware of how the Web functions and how user’s interact with the public domain. The blogging skills and HTML skills have definitely broadened my mind as I had revisited the world of creating content within the Web, which I had lost grasp of years ago.
6. I will assign myself hours outside of on-campus hours to study for the course and do all of the above.
- As you can see throughout my blog, there has been a considerable amount of time, which has been assigned to the Networked Media course outside of uni hours.