Posts Tagged ‘vernacular’
June 10th, 2009 Posted 12:56 PM
Video-making can be purposeful, also can be unconscious. But also the mise-en-scene can be used, even with mobile phone, you also can create great things, with experimenting on different things, like subjects, lighting, angles and editing. With different knowledge, personal experience and cultural background, every one is special.
We all have our own special point of views, and we are curious about what is happening out there.
We are holding the desire of sharing and communicating with others.
As technology benefits us for keeping the memory, the way of presenting ourselves is various under different situation and method. The dialogue, people, image, sound and editing can make videos different.
And way of sharing is especially good for vernacular video communication, because it is free,without any commercial cost like Youtube or flicker, they opens to the world-wide and large audience groups. And you also can get feedbacks from them.But we need to pay attention to the duration and size of video, in order to fit in the Internet environment.
So why not take your camera, start it!
June 10th, 2009 Posted 12:15 PM
We can move the camera along with us, or just make it as a still subject to watch what is happening. For showing what you want to show to us. The digital camera already has enough distance of sound and image capturing.
The frame can be motivated, it can have more perspectives and your own point of view, do not need to objective.
The Camera angle is used to suggest either vulnerability or power.And Canted framings are used to create an impression of chaos and instability for our vernacular videos. Mobile frame can adjust for the figures’ movements.
But we need to keep the size and duration short. Because the main path of vernacular video is based on the Internet publishing.
Maybe we are at some situation where we cannot shoot them within the normal angle or cannot keep the frame still, or maybe we would like to suggest something within a particular frame. At least we are manipulating our surroundings and creating and trying something.
June 10th, 2009 Posted 8:52 AM
It develops on the concept of “real-time” space-edge. The vernacular video actually does not need the professional lighting. Under the simple equipment already can keep record of what is happening, and the editing also can correct some small mistakes during the shooting. To make audience to believe, the lighting is most natural or without oblivious purpose, which is quite different from Hollywood lighting to cheat audience’s eyes. In another way, lighting reflects your attitude on your own video, so should be aware of this.
June 10th, 2009 Posted 8:29 AM
It reflects to “Real-time, on-the-fly voice-overs will replace scripted narratives.” , and it also responses to “Slow motion and accelerated image streams will be overused, ironically breaking the real-time-and-space edge of straight unaltered video”
To break the edge of the time and space but under respect is one of the vernacular video practice rules. To sound effects and popular music can be added to reflect modern or even postmodern culture. Vernacular video making needs to reflect our own ideas rather than designing complex narrative, also that should be based on the simple and stylistic of the video itself to add effects and voice-over to make the video more significant . In addition, even thought we can edit on laptops which is easy and cheap , but it does not mean that editing could be cheap or non-reasonable.
April 28th, 2009 Posted 2:09 PM
Aesthetics are a branch of philosophy dealing with the nature of beauty.
Video art distinguishes itself from the broader media culture by its predictable associations with visual-art history (sculpture, painting, photography) and cinematic history (slo-mo distortions of cinematic classics, endless homages to Eisenstein and Brakhage, etc.).
1. the aethetics in vernacular art is different from other forms of art , but it has multiple atthetics.
2. the form of photographic design (visual art) becomes an important element in digital art. Also video art focuses on the graphic quality , which focuses on the visual atthetics.
3. alos the music in the video art becomes the second important element, which cannot be taken apart of the visual art. But
4. cinematic changes also influences the video art development. (editing,fashion, principle,style)
5. network makes video art more popular and makes it achievable for everyone.(e.g V-blog,video phones)
6. video art is kind of personal and local , which means with strong stylitic meaning.
7. video art in social content : education and art
8. technology : size, duration, visual effects,trend
9. advertising:art v.s marketing
10. cultral : vernacular video develop classic art or fashion, also create new ones.
11. philosophy: in a summery to talk about the art in different forms , but they all present their unique fuctions by working together.