Archive for March, 2010
March 25th, 2010 Posted 3:48 AM
March 24th, 2010 Posted 2:39 AM
As I received David’s feedback , i think I need to do more effort for this subject , even though I m confident with my idea. And I read the Mel Scammell’s blog, i think it is a good example. Because it has many details about her idea, some has proved which can help the project gain more feasibility. But So I need to improve the draft. I also read the guideline on the official website of fed sq. Based on this, i made several corrections:
1. details of your proposed individual Social Media Producer task
I would like to tap into independent short films lovers community @ Federation Square Screen, and put my effort to develop to encourage contributions and participation in my tribe. this project is mainly screening independent short films on Federation Square.
• As the Federation square is facing to all the citizens of Victoria and tourists from all around the world. And it is so-called “Melbourne meeting place”, which means it federation square screen has a huge group of audience.
• independent filmmaking acrea, filmmakers are in a lack of attention with their work can not published widely. This problem is global. As their work will have chance to screen in front of public, I think the independent filmmakers will be happy to make their to be noticed.
As a media student, I m also happy to see more short films at side my living environment, I m willing to try to make my own one, and one day can be put on the screen.
As Melbourne is a city with multiple cultures, and there are many overseas students and many people are connecting with overseas. so there must be a wide resource for contributors to find the resources of independent short films.
As a film fan personally, I will support this project and also I will ask friends from overseas to get involved in this projec
• Also we are going to set up our social network with universities around Australia, so the university students can also get involved in this project by applying for the screening and supplying their films. To the universities, it is also an encouragement.
• On facebook, they can also offer us their suggestions and share interests
• And in our future website, everyone can apply online and upload their works online.
• To the world, everyone from any academy can publish their work. And also we can ask for sponsors to support their cost of filming if their scripts meet our requirements.
• We will use sending facebook event & group invitations, and on twitter to call for people’s attention .
• We can put the advertisements of sponsors in the end of the screenings. And also our posters .
As I did some research, we can get the support from our Inside FilmMelbourne International Film Festival. Magazine , and corporate with St Kilda Film Festival and
As I know, in China, there is a “student short film festival” , very popular among every Chinese universities. And also international filmmakers can get involved in.
• audience can watch those films for free, but they also can donate for supporting those independent filmmakers who got talent.
2. Details of your individual contribution to the tutorial specific tasks
Making promotional material:
• making 30 sec ~ 1min short videos ( will have different themes/versions)
• and posting ads on my facebook.
• Design and make poster
• And I also I can help to look for more independent student films from china (as I got several friends working or studying in film industry)
5. Personal timeline of key dates across the semester, bearing in mind
Week 4 – improve my idea and make up for all the tutes that i missed; buid group communication and discussion platform.
Week 5 – Keep researching; and more goup meeting began the project; gain more contribitor, ask them to find excellent works from their own country/city/province
Week 6 – keep researching, and get approvement from the media companies and sponsors
Week 7 – advertising
Week 8 – advertising on youtube, facebook and twitter
Week 9 –ask for more suggestions from contributer
Week 10 – improvement
Week 11 – Contact with our contributors group and try to understand what they think about My Tribe
Week 12 – Submit Report
6. Personal project goals and self-assessment criteria
• Set yourself some measurable targets (quantity, quality) – you decide what they should be.
1> attend most lectures and tutorials
2> post my blogs at least 2 per week
3> pay attention to all the news about my project
4> also pay attention to my opinions to others blogs
5> make more than 3 contributions for the community and the project
6> get more than 1 film industry professional’s help.
7> get more than 1 supporter /sponcer
• How do you think your achievement in this assignment should be assessed?
1> meet the assignment criteria
2> meet deadline
3> connected to other subjects
4> critical and with my own special thoughts
6> perfect time management
7> get a lot attention,
March 22nd, 2010 Posted 5:59 PM
Perceptions of Australian Film http://ausfilmperception.wordpress.com/
How to Protect your IP (Downloading) http://raws.adc.rmit.edu.au/~s3160394/blog2/?p=130
Aggregated Content http://ejham.wikidot.com/
The Australian Film Industry
Gaming in Victoria
Advertising and New Technology
Web Based Dramas
Music Industry ,http://futurenotes09.blogspot.com/
Outdoor Advertising http://raws.adc.rmit.edu.au/~s3076438/outdoor/ezedia_outdoor.html
The Digital Divide http://raws.adc.rmit.edu.au/~s3136248/midigitaldivide/
Future of Broadcast TV http://killertv09.tumblr.com/
Networked Sounds http://raws.adc.rmit.edu.au/~s3052040/networkedsounds/
How to set up a production company http://raws.adc.rmit.edu.au/~s3109575/Posse.html
Reality TV http://socialitesgonewild.com/
Children’s trans-media story telling http://childrenstransmedia.wikia.com/wiki/Australian_Children%27s_Transmedia_Storytelling
Network TV’s reaction to online content http://08mi1.wordpress.com/
Media skills of the future Converging Careers http://convergingcareers.wordpress.com/
Independent digi-features http://aus-digi-films.wikispaces.com/
How to make money on the internet http://moneymakersonline.wordpress.com/
How to keep a program on TV :Fan Power http://mifanpower.wordpress.com/
TV drama/TV sport http://bmrs.wordpress.com/
Digital Radio http://raws.adc.rmit.edu.au/~s3110619/mm1/project.html
This site links to all projects that year
This site links to all projects that year
Posted in MI 1
March 16th, 2010 Posted 7:47 PM