Archive for July, 2008
July 30th, 2008 Posted 12:27 PM
In this week , we did our first participation exercise , and we were required to come up with several ideas about the activities which are relevant for our blogs.
After the discussion , we came up with the ideas as blow:
1. Try to attend all the lectures and tutorials: it is important for everyone to keep up with what we need to learn.
2. Finish the weekly tasks on time and write 3~5 blogs per week o. The laziness is the biggest enemy for us to improve ourselves.
3. Have your feedback about the lectures and tutorial : to show how we understand our course.
4. Pay attention to other blogs , learn the good things from them and leave our opinions and suggestions.
5. Read the dossier and write our comments on the blog.
6. Critical thinking about our work (e.g. blogs, other projects) ,and seeking the feedbacks from others in order to improve our works.
7. Do more researches out side of the class and pay attention to the current news about network media.
8. Make our blogs more interesting , e.g put more images and videos into our blogs.
9. Use html and other methods to improve our blog and improve our network media making skills.
10.Enjoy what the course teaches us , and relate it to other course, making it wider and more useful.
July 28th, 2008 Posted 1:40 PM
I think there are different types of blogs around our daily life, we need to express ourselves and to show others the ideas or work for the community.
- Personal Blogs
- The personal blog, an ongoing diary or commentary by an individual, is the traditional, most common blog. Personal bloggers usually take pride in their blog posts, even if their blog is never read by anyone but them. Blogs often become more than a way to just communicate; they become a way to reflect on life or works of art. Blogging can have a sentimental quality. Few personal blogs rise to fame and the mainstream, but some personal blogs quickly garner an extensive following. A type of personal blog is referred to as “microblogging,” which is extremely detailed blogging as it seeks to capture a moment in time. Sites, such as Twitter, allow bloggers to share thoughts and feelings instantaneously with friends and family and is much faster than e-mailing or writing. This form of social media lends to an online generation already too busy to keep in touch.
- Corporate Blogs
- A blog can be private, as in most cases, or it can be for business purposes. Blogs, either used internally to enhance the communication and culture in a corporation or externally for marketing, branding or public relations purposes are called corporate blogs.
- Question Blogging
- is a type of blog that answers questions. Questions can be submitted in the form of a submittal form, or through email or other means such as telephone or VOIP. Qlogs can be used to display shownotes from podcasts or the means of conveying information through the internet. Many question logs use syndication such as RSS as a means of conveying answers to questions.
- By Media Type
- A blog comprising videos is called a vlog, one comprising links is called a linklog, a site containing a portfolio of sketches is called a sketchblog or one comprising photos is called a photoblog. Blogs with shorter posts and mixed media types are called tumblelogs.
- A rare type of blog hosted on the Gopher Protocol is known as a Phlog.
- By Device
- Blogs can also be defined by which type of device is used to compose it. A blog written by a mobile device like a mobile phone or PDA could be called a moblog. One early blog was Wearable Wireless Webcam, an online shared diary of a person’s personal life combining text, video, and pictures transmitted live from a wearable computer and EyeTap device to a web site. This practice of semi-automated blogging with live video together with text was referred to as sousveillance. Such journals have been used as evidence in legal matters.
- By Genre
- Some blogs focus on a particular subject, such as political blogs, travel blogs, house blogs, fashion blogs, project blogs, education blogs, niche blogs, classical music blogs, quizzing blogs and legal blogs (often referred to as a blawgs) or dreamlogs. While not a legitimate type of blog, one used for the sole purpose of spamming is known as a Splog.
July 27th, 2008 Posted 9:32 PM
In the film Mary Poppins, 1964, we found that the function of films is not only for recalling the memory of audience but also for political and social meaning. This film involves the audience by using many visual techniques and at the same time the mystery and unique magic power becomes the audience’s expectation. The reason why this film is unique from others, that is because it can call for the emotional responses: magic power means a lot of possibilities, and it also means active participation. Because emotion plays a large role in our experience of form, the emotional power of this film also is related with the form of social class.
We can see that the each character in this film has its symbolic meaning. Like Mr. Banks who is a symbol for male domination and oppression as well as the entire economic system, Bert represents the working class poor that existed in England during this period. And Mary Poppins is a symbol of the power of feminine influence upon a household and a powerful woman. photos from alchemistpoonam.files.wordpress.com/
As we know the film Mary Pippins, “A spoon full of sugar may not have helped the medicine go down but this is a film a lot of people grew up with.” There are no absolutely principles of rules in film making, that is why this fantastic film was outstanding among the 60 th’s films, by breaking the limits of imagination.
July 26th, 2008 Posted 10:13 PM
Love is ever the beginning of knowledge as fire is of light.－Thomas Carlyle
People need to know one another to be at their honest best.－(Robbins Staca
Admonish your friends privately, but praise them openly.－Publius Syrus
All happy families are like one another; each unhappy family is unhappy in its own way.－Leo Tolstoy
Friendship is both a source of pleasure and a component of good health.－Ralph Waldo Emerson
If you don’t learn to think when you are young, you may never learn.－Thomas Edison
Whoever is in a hurry shows that the thing he is about is too big for him.－Philip Dormer Chesterfield
It takes a lot of thought and effort and downright determination to be agreeable.－Ralph Waldo Emerson
When work is a pleasure, life is joy! When work is duty, life is slavery.－Maxim Gorky
It is no use doing what you like; you have got to like what you do.－Winston Churchill（
A man is called selfish, not pursuing his own good, but neglecting his neighbour’s.－Richard Whately
One thorn of experience is worth a whole wilderness of warning.－James Russell Lowell
Throughout life, we rely on small groups of people for love, admiration, respect, moral support and help.－Ralph Waldo Emerson
He that will not allow his friend to share the prize must not expect him to share the danger.－Aesop
No man is the whole of himself; his friends are the rest of him.－Harry Emerson Fosdick
Treat other people as you hope they will treat you.－Aesop
The greatest lesson in life is to know that even fools are right sometimes.－Winston Churchill（
The greater the power, the more dangerous the abuse.－Burke Edmund
If you fight for yourself, only you can win; when you fight for your marriage, you both win.－Pearsall Paul
When you want knowledge like you want air under water then you will get it.－Socrates
Behavior is a mirror in which every one shows his image.－Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
There is something that is much more scarce, something rarer than ability. It is the ability to recognize.－Robert Half
The more we do, the more we can do; the more busy we are, the more leisure we have.－William Hazlitt
A man, like a watch, is to be valued by this manner of going.－William Penn
The tragedy of the world is that those who are imaginative have but slight experience, and those who are experienced have feeble imagination.－Alfred North Whitehead
The way to win an atomic war is to make certain it never starts.－Bradley Omar
Experience is what you get when you don’t get what you want.－Dan Stanfort
To make a lasting marriage we have to overcome self-centeredness.－George Gordon Byron
All I am, or can be, I owe to my angel mother.－Abraham Lincoln
Experience without learning is better than learning without experience.－Bertrand Russell
Experience keeps a dear school, yet fools will learn in no other.－Benjamin Franklin
Follow your own course, and let people talk.－Alghieri Dante
If you would have a thing well done, you must do it yourself.－Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action.－Desiderius Eramus
Our deeds determine us, much as we determine our deeds.－George Eliot
When a man is wrapped up in himself he makes a pretty little package.－John Ruskin
The secret of being miserable is to have leisure to bother about whether you are happy or not.－George Bernard Shaw
Optimists always picture themselves accomplishing their goals.－Lucius Annaeus Seneca
Almost any situation —good or bad— is affected by the attitude we bring to.－Lucius Annaeus Seneca
Perhaps you can’t control your job, but you may be able to make other changes in your life.－Alan Loy Mcginnis
The Chinese word for crisis is divided into two characters, one meaning danger and the other meaning opportunity.－Burejer
The tragedy of life is not so much what men suffer, but what they miss.－Thomas Carlyle
I find life an exciting business —— and most exciting when it is lived for others.－Helen Keller
Young men make great mistakes in life; for one thing, they idealize love too much.－John Ray
I don’t wait for moods. You accomplish nothing if you do that. Your mind must know it has got down to work.－Pearl Buck
Experience is the child of thought, and thought is the child of action. We cannot learn men from books－Benjamin Disraeli
The measure of a man’s real character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.－Thomas Bobington Macaulay
Posted in NW 2008
July 25th, 2008 Posted 1:15 PM
A blog is like a Web site, it is usually maintained by an individual, with regular entries of commentary, descriptions of events( I like these kind of blogs, because it is fun and special), or other material such as graphics or video. Entries are commonly displayed in reverse-chronological order. “Blog” can also be used as a verb, meaning to maintain or add content(like videos,images,sounds,etc) to a blog.
I read through the wikipedia:Many blogs provide commentary or news on a particular subject; others function as more personal online diaries. A typical blog combines text, images, and links to other blogs, Web pages, and other media related to its topic. The ability for readers to leave comments in an interactive format is an important part of many blogs. Most blogs are primarily textual, although some focus on art (artlog), photographs (photoblog), sketches (sketchblog), videos (vlog), music (MP3 blog), audio (podcasting), which are part of a wider network of social media. Micro-blogging is another type of blogging, one which consists of blogs with very short posts. “As of December 2007, blog search engine Technorati was tracking more than 112 million blogs”. With the advent of video blogging, the word blog has taken on an even looser meaning — that of any bit of media wherein the subject expresses his opinion or simply talks about something.
In my opionion, I found blogs are quite important to communicate for people and community. Many stars are using their blogs to communicate with their fans. And also fan communities communicate with each other in their blogs or forums.
I am thinking about what is the difference between blog and forum. Blog is more personal which reflect an individual life, forum has multiple thinking and ideas. But blog can make people to get to the blogger much closer and the blog can be recognised as a personal space, which the author can own the privacy (like the keyword or the limits to read their blogs.)
July 24th, 2008 Posted 4:46 PM
I always be busy daydreaming. Sometimes I am not the one who care herself that much. So I always look around , while I disappear and lose myself.
Besides sleeping , I have to find something else to do . Like to write about my dreams. There is some mixed colours in my dreams , they are really confusing and hard to recognize. The colours seems they are dreaming themselves. When I am breathing , they are breathing. They are talking to me, when I am sleeping like a new-born baby, do not know anything about their language. I am a new one, who can throw the tears of the past when I already learnt a lot from it , then face another day —-a totally new beginning.
Another day goes by
And I don’t understand or know the reasons why
I’m looking for a change in life
But another day goes by
I wish it was tomorrow though I think I’d say
Ya know I think it feels just like yesterday
So lately I’ve been looking for a change
But the more things change
The more they seem to stay the same
It’s a new day
It’s almost like tomorrow never came
Same ole thing same ole game different name
And everyday I sing the same ole song
And today I don’t feel like waking up
But the show must go on and on and on
Another day goes by
And I don’t understand and I don’t pretend to try
I wanna change my life
But another day goes by
Just when I get it right another day goes by
I am singing on my own….
Posted in LOVE