EndNote X5, the latest version of the bibliographic management software, is now available for download from the Library’s EndNote site to install on your PC or Mac computer.
New features in this current release of EndNote include:
- The Quick Edit tab now expands to include a preview of attached full text PDF articles. You can annotate these files with highlights and/or comments.
- You can easily update existing records in your EndNote Library. Simply select a record, choose the “Find Reference Updates” command, and EndNote searches online for updated reference data.
- Updated records and duplicates are easy to review with a side-by-side comparison and auto-highlights for each field where differences are found.
- You can save time with new conditional formatting that substitutes data for empty fields automatically. For example, the URL field can be inserted for records without a DOI.
- A new citation style—Author (Year)—is now available in Microsoft Word along with over 5,000 new and updated output styles.
- With EndNote X5 you can attach files to an EndNote Web record, or transfer file attachments between the Web and your computer. Once you register EndNote X5 with your EndNote Web account, you will also receive up to 1GB of Web storage for file attachments and increased storage for up to 25,000 references.